Employment Level: Full-time
Position General Summary: The Grant Writer will report to the President/CEO and will have extensive interaction with internal staff and external donors and grantors. The position will work closely with staff across departments to gather institutional information and data to maximize foundation and government giving and will manage the stewardship of funders.
Essential Job Functions and Duties:
- Writes compelling, clear, and accurate materials for grant proposals and reports, in keeping with funder guidelines and deadlines as applicable.
- Collaborates with staff to develop ways to communicate about new and existing initiatives.
- Understands the importance of donor stewardship communication. Coordinates internal review of proposal and report materials, and incorporates feedback in a timely manner.
- Works closely with the accounting staff to ensure all requirements for application budget materials and financial reporting are met.
- Uploads and submits proposals and reports to funders’ grantee portals as applicable.
- Maintains grants deadlines calendar, grant deliverables tracker and keeps accurate records of application submission materials in donor files.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years of professional experience in grant writing, institutional fundraising, philanthropy or related development work.
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies.
- Strong project coordination skills, with an ability to maintain multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and a professional demeanor.
- Interest in community development and social justice.
- Must be proficient in basic software programs (MS Office) and CRM databases
- Ability to work extended hours around key deadlines.
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Strong technology skills.
- Bachelor’s degree.
Opportunities Credit Union is the only Community Development Financial Institution in the State of Vermont, providing innovative affordable consumer, business and homeownership loans, deposit products, financial education, and counseling. The Credit Union serves low-income Vermonters by helping them develop an asset path to financial security.
Please fill send a resume and cover letter below: