Mobile Security is a growing concern for many people as they begin to rely more and more on their mobile devices for storing and accessing personal information. You want your information to be secure and we take that charge very seriously. That’s why we take every precaution necessary to make sure that your information is safe. However, there are some things that we can’t control, such as your mobile devices, so we put together a list of some of the most important things that you can do to make sure that you stay as secure as possible. There is no such thing as perfect security, but if you follow these tips you will be on the right path towards better mobile security.
Don’t allow apps to save your passwords, EVER!
Lock Your Phone With A Passcode (Or with newer phones Fingerprint Authentication)
- This will make it difficult for someone to access your phone if it is lost or stolen.
- Longer passwords with a combination of letters and numbers are more secure.
- Don’t use your SSN or part of your SSN as a PIN or password.
- Have your phone automatically lock after a specified time.
Enable Automatic Or Remote Wiping / Erasing
- Most phones support automatic wiping after a certain number of unlock attempts.
- This will make sure your data is erased if someone is trying to unlock your phone.
- Most phones support remote wiping so you can send your phone a message to wipe itself.
- Backup your phone regularly so your data is not lost if your device is wiped.
Update Your Phone To The Latest Software
- Using the latest software eliminates over 90% of mobile security bugs.
- Using the latest software can prevent an attacker from bypassing your password.
Don’t Jailbreak Or Root Your Phone
- Jailbreaking will allow you to install 3rd party apps that have not been tested for security issues.
- These 3rd party apps may contain malware or spyware used for identity theft or phone hijacking.
- These apps may access anything on your phone (contacts, calendar, messages, photos, etc.).
Concerned About Online Security or Identity Theft?
Online Security – Here are some tips to help you stay secure
Identity Theft – Here are some tips to help you keep your identity information from being stolen.